"We never said we were cheap."
To Start a Project:
Site visits are the start point of a project. This is where client and architect can gain a greater understanding of project goals, and is necessary to give you a tailored proposal.
- $250 initial site visit plus mileage at $1/mile (within 100 miles of Phoenix Metro)
- $500 initial site visit plus mileage at $1/mile (100 miles outside Phoenix Metro, but within Arizona)
- $2,500 initial site visit plus airfare, lodging (within United States)
- $10,000 initial site visit plus airfare, lodging (international)
To Estimate Your Fee, Prior to a Site Visit:
The design fee is in addition to the construction budget, and is directly related to complexity and the effort required to serve the project. There are a few ways to arrive at a fee. Below are some common methods.
Percentage of construction budget ranges from 25% to 8%.
- Very Small Projects: kitchen remodels, bathroom remodels, patios, etc. usually take 1 week.
Often, the value of the project does not provide an adequate fee to do the architectural work. In this
case you can budget $3,500 / week.
- Small Projects have a higher percentage fee related to construction. A $25,000 project would have
a design fee ranging from 25% at $6,250 for a high end design, to 15% at $3,750 for a utilitarian design.
- Custom Homes ground up, range from 10%-15% of the construction budget.
- Larger projects , say $2.5M construction budget for a commercial project, range from 10%
for a fee of $250,000 at the high end, and 8% $200,000 for a more modest complexity.
- Mega projects are negotiated based on size and complexity.
Flat Fees have a direct relationship between experience and percentage of construction cost.
- Principal hourly $150
- Drafting hourly $75
- Mileage $1/mile
- printing, photorealistic renderings, parking, software rental, supplies, etc. incur a 25% markup
Ready to Get Started? Tell us About Your Project ~